Monday, February 7, 2011

Reflection.

My Science Journal
Name: Jolene Lim  (23)         Date: 08/02/2011            Class: 3B3
Topic: Cells

3 main concepts I have learnt. You may list more. You are encouraged to use mutlti-media to enhance the post.

·         How to differentiate the smooth endoplasmic reticulum and the rough endoplasmic reticulum.

·         Difference between the nucleus and nucleolus.


·         Ribosomes are found in the endoplasmic reticulum and they make proteins from amino acids.
Identify 3 links this topic/concept has with something I have learnt before (can extend beyond Science)

  • Learnt about chromosomes only in the past but now, we learnt about chromatin. The two are similar but chromosomes are twisted, curled and coiled while chromatin is not.

  • Learnt only about the nucleus in the past but now we learn about the nuclear pores, which are pores that allow exchange of materials between the nucleus and the cytoplasm.

  • Mitochondrion supplies most of the cell’s chemical energy.





2 things/(questions) I am unsure about/(have). You may list more.

(a)   Not that clear about what the secretion vesticles are for.


(b)   Unclear about the function of the lyosome.



Where is this topic/concept applied in daily living? (Give at least 2)
  • Applied in daily life as cells are responsible for our growth, repairing and reproduction of new cells.
  • Transporting molecules throughout our body.







1 extended concept I am interested to research on /read more about:
-       How cells communicate.  
Common misconceptions(mistakes) OR scientific phrases that are important
(Give at least one)

  • Differentiating the smooth endoplasmic reticulum and rough endoplasmic reticulum.




What I am going to do to clarify my doubts? List the steps you are going to do and date you intend to complete them:

Concepts/Things I
am still unsure about
What I am going to?
Date I intend to get it done
Completed
(J when its done!)
(a)   Unclear about the function of the lyosome.


-       Read through again the notes my teachers gave, research online and ask the teacher if I am still unsure.

09/08/2011

(b) Not that clear about what the secretion vesticles are for.



-       Read through again the notes my teachers gave, research online and ask the teacher if I am still unsure or seek help from peers.

09/08/2011


My feelings and thoughts about class today: interesting as everything we learn about is related to our body.  And we get to see things we cannot see with the naked human eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment